Not only can you enjoy many activities at Rusty’s, but adventure nearby awaits you. Travelers come from all over for world-class experiences.
The birding in the Chiricahuas provides the opportunity to see an impressive list of species. Some of the rarest birds to spot in North America.
- AZ Birding
- Arizona Birder
- Audubon’s Birding in Arizona
- Birding Around the Chiricahua Mountains
- Birding in Portal, AZ
- Birding List and Map
- Cochise County Birding
- Field Guides – Birding the Border
- Tucson Audubon Society
Hiking trails in the area offer a chance to explore and get out into nature. You can go days without hearing the intrusion of the sounds of the human industry, such as trains, planes, and automobiles.
- Chiricahua Mountains Hiking Trails
- Hiking Project – Southern Arizona
- Southern Arizona Guide – Hiking Guide
- USFS Chiricahua Trails
Amateur geologists will find plenty to discover.
- BLM – Rockhounding Information
- Gator Girl Rocks – Arizona
- Gator Girl Rocks – New Mexico
- New Mexico Rockhounding
Join the global community of geocaching — an outdoor recreational activity for the whole family. Participants use a GPS or mobile device and other navigational techniques to hide and seek containers, called “geocaches” or “caches,” at specific locations marked by coordinates all over the world. There are several caches located in this area. Get out there and explore!
The abundant wildlife in our area provides ample opportunities for hunters.